Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Ebay AG blues...........

  1. #11
    Evette
    Guest Evette's Avatar

    Unhappy

    Don't feel bad. I was out bit for the elusive AGOT Dockside outfit by a measly dollar. I have been trying to get that outfit for a couple months.

    It is on Ebay now, but I don't know, I just sort of gave up. I thought I had it the last time. It bidded high in the last few minutes and someone else got it right out from under me.
    [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img]

  2. #12
    chrstnwmn7
    Guest chrstnwmn7's Avatar

    Post

    AGTeacher: I will be on the lookout for the dress !!! If I see it, I will let you know!!!

  3. #13
    Inactive Member lscogbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2005
    Posts
    713
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I once got outbid by 3 cents. Since that wasn't a full bid increment, I figured that was their top-end bid. If I had only bet a nickel more ...

  4. #14
    Inactive Member AGTeacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thank you chrstnwmn7 !!! I am not in a rush, when it comes. it comes...

  5. #15
    Inactive Member carolinapooh's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2005
    Posts
    631
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    MANY HUGS AND HUGS MORE TO YOU!!!

    Been there, done that. And you're right - it BITES the big one.

    I had to work like a fiend to get my Lissie; it took me almost two weeks of watching every pre-Mattel Lissie on the darned site. Drove me nuts.

    Hang in there, Ria - you'll get there. That particular doll just wasn't the right one for you. I'm so happy I didn't win the other Lissies, because I think mine is just perfect.

    So your perfect restoration project is out there, patiently waiting...like AsianAG said, the hunt is half the fun!

  6. #16
    Inactive Member Kitzka's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 15th, 2004
    Posts
    174
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ria:

    Sorry that you missed out on your auction. Like everyone said, it just was not the right one for you.

    My missed ebay story happened today. I was watching an Ann Estelle doll and meant to pu a bid in before we went out to do some errands. Well, dummy me I forgot and got home about 5 mins after it ended and it went for $11!

    I know that it just ws not meant to be and I shoudl take it as a sign that I ahve enough Anns but I really wanted her!

    Lara

  7. #17
    Inactive Member carolinapooh's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2005
    Posts
    631
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Kitzka:
    Ria:

    Sorry that you missed out on your auction. Like everyone said, it just was not the right one for you.

    My missed ebay story happened today. I was watching an Ann Estelle doll and meant to pu a bid in before we went out to do some errands. Well, dummy me I forgot and got home about 5 mins after it ended and it went for $11!

    I know that it just ws not meant to be and I shoudl take it as a sign that I ahve enough Anns but I really wanted her!

    Lara
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Man, I really hate that.

    I once spent a month waiting for a complete AG play outfit to come back around again after I dozed off on the couch - and woke up five minutes after the auction closed, only to find that it went for one dollar UNDER what my high limit was.

  8. #18
    Inactive Member Skittl1321's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2005
    Posts
    1,310
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    [quote]Originally posted by mollymom:
    Originally posted by Kitzka:
    [qb]
    I once spent a month waiting for a complete AG play outfit to come back around again after I dozed off on the couch - and woke up five minutes after the auction closed, only to find that it went for one dollar UNDER what my high limit was.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">How would that work? If your high bid was higher than the end price, you should have contacted ebay, because the service is supposed to bid until your high bid. Or was this the maximum you planned to raise your bid to?

  9. #19
    HB Forum Owner Kaileyfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2005
    Posts
    1,752
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My mom and me knows how that feels.A couple of weeks ago someone outbid my mom by 50 cents on a beautiful Pre-Mattel American Girl of Today doll.She loved that doll.Someone outbid her in the last 5 seconds.

  10. #20
    Inactive Member annkirstin's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    405
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    There's a good chance it was more than 50 cents. It will never look like you were outbid by more than the minimum bid increment because they don't show you what the winner's actual maximum was, only what the winning price was.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •